POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Turbulence in a pigment_map : Turbulence in a pigment_map Server Time: 26 Oct 2020 12:46:33 GMT
  Turbulence in a pigment_map
From: Uncle Josh
Date: 7 Sep 2020 22:35:01
I'm trying to animate a burning effect on object. I tried both pigment map and
texture maps, but the turbulence applied to the outer texture is being applied
to the inner textures, which I don't want.

I thought this was possible, but my active working memory is a couple decades
old.

Sample:

#declare P_cells = pigment { cells scale 0.1 }
#declare P_fire = pigment { gradient x
                            pigment_map { [0.75 rgb 0 ] [0.8 red 1 ] } }
#declare P_clear = pigment { color rgbt 1 }

#declare T_cells = texture { pigment {P_cells} }
#declare T_fire = texture { pigment { P_fire } }
#declare T_clear = texture { pigment { P_clear } }

#declare Burning_Texture =
   texture {
       gradient x
       texture_map {
         [0.0 T_cells ] [0.7 T_cells ]
         [0.75 T_fire ] [0.8 T_clear ]
         }
       turbulence 0.2 // should only apply to the mapping
   } // end of texture

I've tried this with material maps and pigment maps. I've tried putting the
turbulence in a warp block, nothing works.

I thought this was possible to do. Am I wrong?

Thanks,

Uncle Josh
Pontificating on the web since 1995