POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : OSI compatible license. : Re: OSI compatible license. Server Time
25 Apr 2024 00:26:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OSI compatible license.
From: Chris Cason
Date: 23 Sep 2004 10:37:37
Message: <4152dfb1@news.povray.org>
[this is directed at all readers, not just the original poster].

While we as a rule do not make comments on upcoming versions, I will
on this occasion make the following statement. Please do not attempt
to elicit further information from me regarding this.

POV-Ray version 4.0 will be under a different license. Yes, we will
have replaced the parts of the source that we cannot re-license. No,
I cannot tell you what license we will use, and nor am I looking (at
this time) for suggestions as to which to choose. At the appropriate
time I will raise a thread on the subject. Going into a discussion of
it right now would be counter-productive as I am very busy with other
issues.

-- Chris Cason
   POV-Team Co-ordinator