POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : broken page in the wiki Server Time
28 Mar 2024 08:11:05 EDT (-0400)
  broken page in the wiki (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: tth
Subject: broken page in the wiki
Date: 30 Oct 2018 09:24:08
Message: <5bd85b78@news.povray.org>
Hello

I'm seeking informations about blender->pov exported, and
found that a relevant page was fully broken :

http://wiki.povray.org/content/HowTo:Use_POV-Ray_with_Blender

tTh.

Post a reply to this message

From: William F Pokorny
Subject: Re: broken page in the wiki
Date: 30 Oct 2018 10:11:34
Message: <5bd86696$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/30/18 9:24 AM, tth wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm seeking informations about blender->pov exported, and
> found that a relevant page was fully broken :
>
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/HowTo:Use_POV-Ray_with_Blender
>
> tTh.

Hmm. There had been just a link to:

https://en.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Render/POV-Ray

for that HowTo - which still works for me. Same link can be found on the
POV-Ray wikipedia page. Perhaps use that link for now.

It looks like Maurice made edits July 6th of this year attempting to
replicate the en.blender.org page on the POV-Ray wiki which didn't work
so well. His initial comment was "Backing up threatened pages." Maurice?

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

On 10/30/18 10:11 AM, William F Pokorny wrote:
> On 10/30/18 9:24 AM, tth wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I'm seeking informations about blender->pov exported, and
>> found that a relevant page was fully broken :
>>
>> http://wiki.povray.org/content/HowTo:Use_POV-Ray_with_Blender
>>
>> tTh.
>>

> Hmm. There had been just a link to:
>
> https://en.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Render/POV-Ray
>
> for that HowTo - which still works for me. Same link can be found on the
> POV-Ray wikipedia page. Perhaps use that link for now.
>
> It looks like Maurice made edits July 6th of this year attempting to
> replicate the en.blender.org page on the POV-Ray wiki which didn't work
> so well. His initial comment was "Backing up threatened pages." Maurice?

iirc ... maurice emailed me asking if he could set up shop on povwiki,
because blender wiki was going with another platform. i was delayed in
my response that i wasn't 1000% sure of the fate our wiki. i also
offered that we were /several/ updates behind and the last time we /did/
update it was problematic... it broke more than several things. i
/think/ we ended up back pedaling. i also noticed his false start with
no further progress. i can only conclude he is actively looking for a
new home.