POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : HTML in long description Server Time
28 Mar 2024 04:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  HTML in long description (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: dan B hentschel
Subject: HTML in long description
Date: 11 Oct 2004 16:45:00
Message: <web.416af07075adcb9aa3fcf12a0@news.povray.org>
I am having difficulty posting my long description. The HTML in it is
getting all munged. Here is an example.

I post:

a <a href='http://www.povray.org'>familiar logo</a> in it

It ends up as:

 <a>familiar logo</a&gt; in it
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: HTML in long description
Date: 11 Oct 2004 17:01:07
Message: <416af493$1@news.povray.org>
In article <web.416af07075adcb9aa3fcf12a0@news.povray.org> , "dan B
hentschel" <dan### [at] alumritedu> wrote:

> a <a href='http://www.povray.org'>familiar logo</a> in it

This is not valid HTML.  You cannot encode the HTML tag markers < and >.
The following is valid HTML:

    a <a href="http://www.povray.org">familiar logo</a>;

Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

From: dan B hentschel
Date: 11 Oct 2004 19:40:00
Message: <web.416b191de71a5484b31e6d870@news.povray.org>
Ooops... I thought that these news forums supported HTML, and so I thought I
would need to escape the <>'s in order to post my example here. I did not
actually type ">" into the submission form. Let's do this again. Here is
what happened to me.

I type:

a <a href='http://www.povray.org'>familiar logo</a> in it

It ends up as:

 <a>familiar logo</a> in it

This seems to be very repeatable. Sorry for the confusion. Please let me
know if I have cleared it up.

 - dan B hentschel