POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : HTML in long description : Re: HTML in long description Server Time
25 Apr 2024 08:02:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HTML in long description
From: dan B hentschel
Date: 11 Oct 2004 23:00:01
Message: <web.416b479ae71a5484b31e6d870@news.povray.org>
"Slime" <fak### [at] emailaddress> wrote:

> Regardless, the submission script probably expects double quotes.

Well, that improves things. Here's what I get now.

a <a href="http://www.povray.org">familiar logo</a> in it,

goes to:

a <a href="http://www.povray.org">familiar logo</a> in it,

Still isn't working exactly right, though. Also, since this is the case
(that single quotes are not recognized properly) I would recommend changing
the text on the member profile page. The instructions beside the
"background" box state:

This is why I decided to use single quotes. Otherwise, I normally use double
quotes. I checked, and my link in my background text was also mangled,
although differently.

<a  href='http://www.hentschels.com'>Hentschels.com</a>.

goes to:

<a  href="'http://www.hentschels.com'>Hentschels.com.

Once I changed this to double quotes, this particular link seems to be
accepted properly.

 - dan B hentschel