POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : trivial modifications of pre-existing works Server Time
19 Apr 2024 01:48:51 EDT (-0400)
  trivial modifications of pre-existing works (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: trivial modifications of pre-existing works
Date: 31 Dec 2004 22:23:11
Message: <41d6179f$1@news.povray.org>
<< Pre-existing works (or trivial modifications of pre-existing works) are
not allowed. Winning images will be available for public inspection for a
period of two weeks after the announcement of the winners before the winners
will be eligible to collect their prizes.  >>

I was all excited about maybe submitting 2 or 3 entries, and then I saw
these words and got a horrible sinking feeling.  Everything I do is a
trivial modification of existing work.  But on the two tracks I'm
considering, I've easily spent a man day on the changes.  Any thoughts?
Greg M. Johnson <gregj;-)565### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> I was all excited about maybe submitting 2 or 3 entries, and then I saw
> these words and got a horrible sinking feeling.  Everything I do is a
> trivial modification of existing work.  But on the two tracks I'm
> considering, I've easily spent a man day on the changes.  Any thoughts?

  It means that you are not allowed to take a scene you made last year,
perhaps change the color of a couple of objects in the scene and submit
that as an entry to the competition.

  If you base your entry on an old scene of yours but you radically
improve it, I believe it's acceptable.