POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : fatal error upon launch, -199 error code Server Time
29 Apr 2024 03:27:11 EDT (-0400)
  fatal error upon launch, -199 error code (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: jmcfizix
Subject: fatal error upon launch, -199 error code
Date: 23 Feb 2009 14:50:00
Message: <web.49a2fd333fc9f9a841499ea40@news.povray.org>
POV RAY had been working fine on my Macbook (Mac OS 10.5.6, 2.16 GHZ Intel Duo,
1 Gb 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM) for quite some time.  Now when I launch, I get a fatal
error message and a -199 error code.  The launching stalls out on the "Reading
Preferences", then shows the error message.

I did a computer restart = no change.
I reinstalled POVRAY = no change.

I can't think of any system changes that I would have made that would have
affected this program.

I installed POVRAY on the the Windows XP volume on my Macbook and it seems to
work OK so far, but it no longer works on the Mac side.

Any help would be great.

Post a reply to this message

"jmcfizix" <jmc### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> POV RAY had been working fine on my Macbook (Mac OS 10.5.6, 2.16 GHZ Intel Duo,
> 1 Gb 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM) for quite some time.  Now when I launch, I get a fatal
> error message and a -199 error code.  The launching stalls out on the "Reading
> Preferences", then shows the error message.
>
> I did a computer restart = no change.
> I reinstalled POVRAY = no change.
>
> I can't think of any system changes that I would have made that would have
> affected this program.
>
> I installed POVRAY on the the Windows XP volume on my Macbook and it seems to
> work OK so far, but it no longer works on the Mac side.
>
> Any help would be great.

I have had exactly the same experience:

POV RAY worked fine on my MacBook (OS 10.5.6) until recently and now it will
always give a fatal error upon attempting to launch (error -199).

Reinstallation did not fix the problem.

Thanks.

Post a reply to this message