POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Sphere-sweep shadow artifact Server Time
28 Apr 2024 20:40:21 EDT (-0400)
  Sphere-sweep shadow artifact (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: scarabaeus
Subject: Sphere-sweep shadow artifact
Date: 31 Jan 2009 22:00:00
Message: <web.49850f7d175e55762647129e0@news.povray.org>
I'm using POV v3.6.1c.icl8.win32, WinXP SP2.
I created a scene and put a simple sphere-sweep object in it.
There is a strange artifact only appearing on its shadow, not the object itself.

This is a simplified scene which is enough to show the problem:

#include "colors.inc"

camera {
  location  <-1.5, 0.3, -2.2>
  look_at   <-0.4, 0.3, -1>