POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Povray unusable with non-ascii filenames Server Time
25 Apr 2024 13:41:51 EDT (-0400)
  Povray unusable with non-ascii filenames (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Torsten Werner
Subject: Povray unusable with non-ascii filenames
Date: 15 Jan 2009 17:25:00
Message: <web.496fb786bf462a2269c743b90@news.povray.org>
please have a look at <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=507915>:

PoV-Ray can not use filenames allowed by the standard Debian encoding, UTF-8. As
an example I tried to include a file, which creates a mountain, called

itself works, (povray accepts it as an input file) it is not possible to have
it included:

  0:00:00 Parsing

Possible Parse Error: Non-ASCII character has been replaced by space character.

Possible Parse Error: Non-ASCII character has been replaced by space character.

Possible Parse Error: Could not find file 'monta  a.pov'

File Context (5 lines):
#include "colors.inc"
#include "camaras.inc.pov"

Parse Error: Cannot open include file monta  a.pov.

Parse Warning: Check that the file is in a directory specifed with a +L switch
 or 'Library_Path=' .INI item. Standard include files are in the include
 directory or folder. Please read your documentation carefully.

Post a reply to this message