POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Povray unusable with non-ascii filenames : Re: Povray unusable with non-ascii filenames Server Time
25 Apr 2024 20:58:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray unusable with non-ascii filenames
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 22 Jan 2009 02:11:37
Message: <49781c29$1@news.povray.org>
Ray Gardener wrote:
> Hmm... looking back at the original post, I think the problem is that,
> while the error is caught, it's not properly handled, for two reasons:
>
> 1) The error messages don't say what the real problem is; the user
>    might be able to deduce that a filename with non-ASCII chars is
>    the problem, or he may not.

This is not include file specific, it is done that way for all strings.
I.e. if you declare a string and pass that to the include directive, you
have no way to handle it much better anyway. That one has to lok up for the
first message to deduce the actual cause of a problem is not POV-Ray
specific, it is common to all parsed languages...

	Thorsten