POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Problem in Linux binaries? Server Time
14 May 2024 07:30:29 EDT (-0400)
  Problem in Linux binaries? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Shannon Spurling
Subject: Problem in Linux binaries?
Date: 27 Jun 1999 11:18:05
Message: <377640B3.4EF6EF32@more.net>
I have just downloaded the Linux version of the POVRAY 3.1g binaries. I
keep encountering two problems. First, the program can't find the
include files, even though the path is in my ~/.povrayrc file. I even
give it as the ini file name and it still doesn't parse it properly. It
looks like someone goofed when making the archive because all the ini
and text files all have ^M's at the ends of all of the lines.
The second is there apparently is a library problem. I have all of the
latest X-windows libraries loaded, and the X-windows binary gives me the
following error sometimes when I run it:
 error in loading shared libraries
: undefined symbol: __bzero
Sometimes this kills the trace, other times it shows up after I click
the window. I'm not sure where this comes from so if someone could
please help me I would appreciate it. Also, I don't check the news
groups often, so if you could cc me with any answers.

Thanks

Shannon Spurling

sha### [at] morenet

Post a reply to this message