POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Bozo "saturation" problem Server Time
14 May 2024 01:00:47 EDT (-0400)
  Bozo "saturation" problem (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Ron Parker
Subject: Bozo "saturation" problem
Date: 20 May 1999 14:25:37
Message: <37444591.0@news.povray.org>
Has anyone else noticed that the bozo pigment tends to "saturate" at
the low and high ends of the scale?  It seems as though the pattern
values regularly go outside the [0..1] boundaries, but the color_map
ends up clipping them, leaving large unsightly areas of solid color
in any bozo-based pigment.  Is there any solution for this that
wouldn't kill backward-compatibility?  Perhaps an extension of the
various maps beyond the [0..1] range?  Maybe new keywords to perform
a linear transform on the output of the pattern function before the
color map is applied?  This issue also tends to affect the new options
to the crackle pattern that I added in the superpatch, so a general-
purpose solution for all pigments would be best.

Post a reply to this message

: Has anyone else noticed that the bozo pigment tends to "saturate" at
: the low and high ends of the scale?

  Yes. I have noticed this when I make heightfield images with the bozo
patterns. There are annoying planes at the top and the bottom of the
heightfield.