POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Help - is this a bug or op-err? Server Time
28 May 2024 19:50:42 EDT (-0400)
  Help - is this a bug or op-err? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Ken Kraft
Subject: Help - is this a bug or op-err?
Date: 13 May 1999 04:55:06
Message: <373a855a.0@news.povray.org>
I've placed a thin blue wall full of square holes in front of a white solid
wall, with a single light source to the left and above. The shadows I'm
getting don't make any sense at all.  Here's the code, plus a small .gif of
just the holes. With the light source as defined I'd expect the shadows to
be more or less uniform behind each hole.

This is just a test file - the original was more elaborate. That's where the
problem first cropped up. By the way, I'm using the Windows 3.1e version on
a Pentium 90, 64 meg/RAM.

Any help is appreciated.

Ken
--------------------------------------
camera
 {
  location <0,0,-60>
  direction <0,0,2>
  up <0,1,0>
  right <4/3,0,0>
  look_at <0,0,1>
 }

light_source {<-10000,10000,-45000> color White}

object
 {
  box {<-20,-20,0>,<20,20,0.1>}
  pigment