POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Help - is this a bug or op-err? : Re: Help - is this a bug or op-err? Server Time
22 Jun 2024 23:02:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help - is this a bug or op-err?
From: Ralf Muschall
Date: 13 May 1999 20:19:05
Message: <373B5DCF.6003874A@t-online.de>
Ken Kraft wrote:

> With the light source as defined I'd expect the shadows to
> be more or less uniform behind each hole.

The picture looks right (i.e. it looks how I'd expect it):
your lamp is almost infinitely away, causing the shadows to
be parallel images of the holes. OTOH, your camera is rather
close, thus the shadows (which are more far away from you than
the holes) seem smaller than the holes -- just as in the GIF.

If you want all shadows to look equal, put the lamp and the
camera into the same vertical plane parallel to the walls
(i.e. equal z for your orientation).

Ralf