POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : golds.inc and metals.inc Server Time
1 Jun 2024 10:12:19 EDT (-0400)
  golds.inc and metals.inc (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Friedemann Schmidt
Subject: golds.inc and metals.inc
Date: 7 Jan 1999 21:12:43
Message: <36956977.40487376@news.povray.org>
Hi,

in the files golds.inc and metals.inc the finish constants
F_MetalA...F_MetalE has been declared in different ways. So this

  #include "golds.inc"
  sphere {
    -0.5*x, 0.5
    texture { pigment { color rgb 1 } finish { F_MetalA } }
  }
  sphere {
    0.5*x, 0.5
    texture { pigment { color rgb 1 } finish { F_MetalA } }
  }

isn't the same as

  #include "golds.inc"
  #include "metals.inc"
  sphere {
    -0.5*x, 0.5
    texture { pigment { color rgb 1 } finish { F_MetalA } }
  }
  sphere {
    0.5*x, 0.5
    texture { pigment { color rgb 1 } finish { F_MetalA } }
  }

The finishs in golds.inc are a bit more reflective.

I know, this isn't really a bug in POV-Ray itself, but because these
files often has to be included, it's perhaps important to know. For
example if one adds metals.inc to a scene lately, the finishs of
already existing objects could change...

What I don't understand is, that it makes no difference if I include
the files like this

  #include "golds.inc"
  #include "metals.inc"

or like this

  #include "metals.inc"
  #include "golds.inc"

The finishs from metals.inc always overwrite the ones from golds.inc.
Possibly this is a bug in POV-Ray... ;-) I've no other explanation.

Bye,
Friedemann

Friedemann Schmidt
F.S### [at] fhtw-berlinde
Raytracing-Gallery: http://www.rz.fhtw-berlin.de/~s0049669/

Post a reply to this message

Use : texture {T_XXX..._XX}.(see golds.inc and metals.inc files)
If you intend to find some new colors, please forget this.