POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Pov 3.1 transform media error Server Time
1 Jun 2024 06:30:43 EDT (-0400)
  Pov 3.1 transform media error (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Axel Baune
Subject: Pov 3.1 transform media error
Date: 9 Nov 1998 05:43:46
Message: <3646C773.B258A1BD@neuro.informatik.uni-ulm.de>
Hi,

Last weekend I've encountered a strange behavior in the official Pov 3.1
for Windows which I would take for an error.

If you define a layered media and transform it later on, only the first
media after the define is transformed. The other media are not affected
by the transform, but are rendered beside this correctly.

The following code shows exemplary the error for 'translate', but it als
occurs for 'scale'. For all other transforms I didn' t test it, but I
think it will occur for most of them.

However you could work around this error by declaring the multilayer
media as single medias and combine them transformed as needed in the
object, but for very complex medias this would cancel the advantage of
defines to handle them as one unit, especially if you use the same media
multiple times but differently transformed.

Your Axel Baune

PS: By the way: Pov-Ray is a great work.

----- Example code --------

// declare multilayered media

#declare med = media {
  emission <1,0,0>