POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Re: transparency bug... (scene included) Server Time
26 Jun 2024 09:50:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: transparency bug... (scene included) (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: transparency bug... (scene included)
Date: 30 Sep 1998 01:41:12
Message: <3611b668.0@news.povray.org>
In article <3611B04F.8B1B33ED@videotron.ca> , Stephane Hockenhull <pot### [at] videotronca>
 wrote:

>little suggestion: you might put a (one time, not for every rays :)
>warning in povray, so that when max_trace_level is reached, it says:
>"oups, max_trace_level reached, try raising it!"

You *will* see it if you look at the statistics after the image is rendered, near the
top, right is exactly this information!

Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephane Hockenhull
Date: 30 Sep 1998 02:13:18
Message: <3611BDFA.94CD4183@videotron.ca>

> >little suggestion: you might put a (one time, not for every rays :)
> >warning in povray, so that when max_trace_level is reached, it says:
> >"oups, max_trace_level reached, try raising it!"
>
> You *will* see it if you look at the statistics after the image is
> rendered, near the top, right is exactly this information!

yeah, someone else already told me :)... it's like finding a needle in a
hay stack and that's when povray doesnt turn (yeah, you can still go an
read it) the rendering/statistic page.

a C/C++ compiler gives you warnings in a special window so you're kinda
forced to read (and correct) them.

but now that I know this, i'll check the statistic first when I get some
weird results.

btw, I gotta thank all repliers.

--
Stephane Hockenhull