POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bumper Sticker *WARNING: MILD PROFANITY Server Time: 27 May 2017 07:59:13 GMT
  Bumper Sticker *WARNING: MILD PROFANITY (Message 1 to 10 of 11)  
Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 1 Messages >>>
From: Dave Blandston
Subject: Bumper Sticker *WARNING: MILD PROFANITY
Date: 19 Nov 2016 13:10:01
Message: <web.58304e472b5b26c56ae7df010@news.povray.org>
I used my Bordered Characters macros to make this bumper sticker design. It's
intended to be a play on words. For those unfamiliar with American slang, "A**
kisser" is a term for a sycophant. Please accept my apologies if anyone is
offended. I'll post some more bumper sticker designs if there's any interest.
I'll have to issue an apology of some sort with most of them...

Regards,
Dave Blandston


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'sycophants.jpg' (118 KB)

Preview of image 'sycophants.jpg'
sycophants.jpg


 

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Bumper Sticker *WARNING: MILD PROFANITY
Date: 19 Nov 2016 14:36:08
Message: <58306358$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/19/2016 1:06 PM, Dave Blandston wrote:
>   For those unfamiliar with American slang, "A**
> kisser" is a term for a sycophant.


Brown nose in the UK but it would not work on a bumper sticker. :)

-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Dave Blandston
Subject: Re: Bumper Sticker *WARNING: MILD PROFANITY
Date: 19 Nov 2016 16:30:01
Message: <web.58307cf56b9b14646ae7df010@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> Brown nose in the UK but it would not work on a bumper sticker. :)

Yes, that's the general idea. It's certainly a distasteful term but
unfortunately accurate.

Regards,
Dave Blandston


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Bumper Sticker *WARNING: MILD PROFANITY
Date: 19 Nov 2016 17:05:45
Message: <58308669$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/19/2016 4:25 PM, Dave Blandston wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>> Brown nose in the UK but it would not work on a bumper sticker. :)
>
> Yes, that's the general idea. It's certainly a distasteful term but
> unfortunately accurate.
>
> Regards,
> Dave Blandston
>

Terribly distasteful. Tisk tisk tisk

But if they were not lickspittles they wouldn't be reading your bumper 
sticker.

-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Dave Blandston
Subject: Re: Bumper Sticker *WARNING: MILD PROFANITY
Date: 19 Nov 2016 17:35:01
Message: <web.58308c2d6b9b14646ae7df010@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> But if they were not lickspittles they wouldn't be reading your bumper
> sticker.

Ah, lickspittles! Another great term! I had forgotten that one! I'm working on
another bumper sticker that includes several terms that I feel describe most
government critters. I've run out of space but "lickspittles" would fit in
nicely...

Regards,
Dave Blandston


Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Re: Bumper Sticker *WARNING: MILD PROFANITY
Date: 19 Nov 2016 18:20:19
Message: <583097e3$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/19/2016 8:06 AM, Dave Blandston wrote:
> I used my Bordered Characters macros to make this bumper sticker design. It's
> intended to be a play on words. For those unfamiliar with American slang, "A**
> kisser" is a term for a sycophant. Please accept my apologies if anyone is
> offended. I'll post some more bumper sticker designs if there's any interest.
> I'll have to issue an apology of some sort with most of them...
>
> Regards,
> Dave Blandston
>

Are these macros part of the Object Collection?

Mike


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Bumper Sticker *WARNING: MILD PROFANITY
Date: 19 Nov 2016 18:25:09
Message: <58309905$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/19/2016 5:30 PM, Dave Blandston wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>> But if they were not lickspittles they wouldn't be reading your bumper
>> sticker.
>
> Ah, lickspittles! Another great term! I had forgotten that one! I'm working on
> another bumper sticker that includes several terms that I feel describe most
> government critters. I've run out of space

Of course you would. There are not enough letters in the alphabet to 
describe...

> but "lickspittles" would fit in
> nicely...
>

Be my guest and have "Toad Eater" for those old country folk. :)


-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: Bumper Sticker *WARNING: MILD PROFANITY
Date: 20 Nov 2016 00:29:05
Message: <5830ee51@news.povray.org>
On 2016-11-19 02:20 PM (-4), Mike Horvath wrote:
> Are these macros part of the Object Collection?

No, they are in p.b.s-f.


Post a reply to this message

From: Dave Blandston
Subject: Re: Bumper Sticker *WARNING: MILD PROFANITY
Date: 20 Nov 2016 11:20:01
Message: <web.5831866a6b9b14646ae7df010@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> Be my guest and have "Toad Eater" for those old country folk. :)

I had to research that one!

Regards,
Dave Blandston


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Bumper Sticker *WARNING: MILD PROFANITY
Date: 20 Nov 2016 11:47:26
Message: <58318d4e$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/20/2016 11:18 AM, Dave Blandston wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>> Be my guest and have "Toad Eater" for those old country folk. :)
>
> I had to research that one!
>
> Regards,
> Dave Blandston
>

My wife reads Victorian novels. I've got hundreds. Longer than a 
sevennight of Sabbaths, the list. ;)

-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 1 Messages >>>

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.