POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Possible Parse Error: Cannot find file 'arrays.inc' Server Time
30 Apr 2024 15:21:52 EDT (-0400)
  Possible Parse Error: Cannot find file 'arrays.inc' (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Cpt B Dick
Subject: Possible Parse Error: Cannot find file 'arrays.inc'
Date: 20 Jun 2012 19:25:00
Message: <web.4fe25b352f94166bb565133c0@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

Installed the latest version (3.7.RC5) from source and rendered some of the
scenes that came with it. Some rendered nicely, but I got this error eventually:

File 'isocacti.pov' line 9: Possible Parse Error: Cannot find file 'arrays.inc',
 even after trying to append file type extension.
File 'isocacti.pov' line 9: Parse Error: Cannot open include file arrays.inc.
Fatal error in parser: Cannot parse input.
Render failed

I'm not sure if the scene file (#version 3.6) is outdated or the include file is
genuinely missing, but
figured I would alert you anyway.

BD

Post a reply to this message

> Installed the latest version (3.7.RC5) from source and rendered some of the
> scenes that came with it. Some rendered nicely, but I got this error eventually:
>
> File 'isocacti.pov' line 9: Possible Parse Error: Cannot find file 'arrays.inc',
>   even after trying to append file type extension.
> File 'isocacti.pov' line 9: Parse Error: Cannot open include file arrays.inc.
> Fatal error in parser: Cannot parse input.
> Render failed
>
> I'm not sure if the scene file (#version 3.6) is outdated or the include file is
> genuinely missing, but
> figured I would alert you anyway.
>
> BD

That file should be included as it's one of the standards includes. It
should be the first one in the includes folder.
The #version directive have nothing to do with the ability of finding a
file.
Try closing and restarting POV-Ray.

Alain

Post a reply to this message

> > Installed the latest version (3.7.RC5) from source and rendered some of the
> > scenes that came with it. Some rendered nicely, but I got this error eventually:
> >
> > File 'isocacti.pov' line 9: Possible Parse Error: Cannot find file 'arrays.inc',
> >   even after trying to append file type extension.
> > File 'isocacti.pov' line 9: Parse Error: Cannot open include file arrays.inc.
> > Fatal error in parser: Cannot parse input.
> > Render failed
> >
> > I'm not sure if the scene file (#version 3.6) is outdated or the include file is
> > genuinely missing, but
> > figured I would alert you anyway.
> >
> > BD
> >

> That file should be included as it's one of the standards includes. It
> should be the first one in the includes folder.
> The #version directive have nothing to do with the ability of finding a
> file.
> Try closing and restarting POV-Ray.
>

> Alain

Looks like I don't have it. Comparing the contents of the include directory in
the version I downloaded:

http://www.povray.org/redirect/www.povray.org/beta/source/povray-3.7.0.RC5.tar.gz

with the 3.6.1 source suggests these include files are removed:

arrays.inc
ash.map
benediti.map
bubinga.map
ior.inc

BD

Post a reply to this message

On 06/21/2012 11:40 AM, Cpt B Dick wrote:
> Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Installed the latest version (3.7.RC5) from source and rendered some of the
>>> scenes that came with it. Some rendered nicely, but I got this error eventually:
>>>
>>> File 'isocacti.pov' line 9: Possible Parse Error: Cannot find file 'arrays.inc',
>>>    even after trying to append file type extension.
>>> File 'isocacti.pov' line 9: Parse Error: Cannot open include file arrays.inc.
>>> Fatal error in parser: Cannot parse input.
>>> Render failed
>>>
>>> I'm not sure if the scene file (#version 3.6) is outdated or the include file is
>>> genuinely missing, but
>>> figured I would alert you anyway.
>>>
>>> BD
>>>

>> That file should be included as it's one of the standards includes. It
>> should be the first one in the includes folder.
>> The #version directive have nothing to do with the ability of finding a
>> file.
>> Try closing and restarting POV-Ray.
>>

>> Alain
>
> Looks like I don't have it. Comparing the contents of the include directory in
> the version I downloaded:
>
> http://www.povray.org/redirect/www.povray.org/beta/source/povray-3.7.0.RC5.tar.gz
>
> with the 3.6.1 source suggests these include files are removed:
>
> arrays.inc
> ash.map
> benediti.map
> bubinga.map
> ior.inc

My bad ... Indeed those files are missing from the RC5 linux package,
however they ARE present in the RC6 package see "Test of RC6
distribution packages" thread in this same news group ... apologies for
any inconvenience this may have caused.

Post a reply to this message

James Holsenback <nom### [at] nonecom> wrote:

> >> That file should be included as it's one of the standards includes. It
> >> should be the first one in the includes folder.
> >> The #version directive have nothing to do with the ability of finding a
> >> file.
> >> Try closing and restarting POV-Ray.
> >>

> >> Alain
> >
> > Looks like I don't have it. Comparing the contents of the include directory in
> > the version I downloaded:
> >
> > http://www.povray.org/redirect/www.povray.org/beta/source/povray-3.7.0.RC5.tar.gz
> >
> > with the 3.6.1 source suggests these include files are removed:
> >
> > arrays.inc
> > ash.map
> > benediti.map
> > bubinga.map
> > ior.inc
>
> My bad ... Indeed those files are missing from the RC5 linux package,
> however they ARE present in the RC6 package see "Test of RC6
> distribution packages" thread in this same news group ... apologies for
> any inconvenience this may have caused.

No inconvenience at all. Nice scene, by the way.

BD