POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Bright rim in clipped CSG of media objects Server Time
18 May 2024 14:03:31 EDT (-0400)
  Bright rim in clipped CSG of media objects (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: 43oasis
Subject: Bright rim in clipped CSG of media objects
Date: 4 Jul 2011 18:05:00
Message: <web.4e1238bd842dfa28326f286b0@news.povray.org>
Hi
Can anybody tell me why I get a bright rim when I clip this CSG difference ?
Thanks for your help !

#version 3.7;
#include "colors.inc"
#include "math.inc"

global_settings { max_trace_level 256 assumed_gamma 1.0 }

camera {
    angle 1.25
    location <0, -50, -1000>
    look_at <0,10,0>
}

object { difference { sphere { 0, 15.01  }
                      sphere { 0, 15.0 }
                    }
         clipped_by { cone { 0, 0.0, <0,50,0>, 50*tand(45) } }
         pigment { rgbt 1 }
         hollow
         interior { media { emission 0.3*White } }
      }

Post a reply to this message