POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : installer POV-Ray 3.7 beta 38 issues Server Time
19 Apr 2024 00:16:14 EDT (-0400)
  installer POV-Ray 3.7 beta 38 issues (Message 11 to 19 of 19)
From: Chris Cason
Subject: Re: installer POV-Ray 3.7 beta 38 issues
Date: 3 Aug 2010 02:59:51
Message: <4c57be67@news.povray.org>
On 3/08/2010 15:36, stevenvh wrote:
> I'm not going to fight over this, but beta 37 let me *choose* where to install
> the program. And I didn't install it in Program files.

You probably ran it elevated the first time (this does provide the choice).
Or something else changed on your system. Our revision control system
confirms that the only change in the setup project between 37 and 38 were
the text strings related to the beta version.

If elevation or system change doesn't explain the issue, then something is
strange is going on.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

> > I'm not going to fight over this, but beta 37 let me *choose* where to install
> > the program. And I didn't install it in Program files.
>
> You probably ran it elevated the first time (this does provide the choice).

What's elevation? (Yes, I should know, but I only went to school 'til I was 25!)

Post a reply to this message