POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : installer POV-Ray 3.7 beta 38 issues : Re: installer POV-Ray 3.7 beta 38 issues Server Time
26 Apr 2024 10:03:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: installer POV-Ray 3.7 beta 38 issues
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Aug 2010 14:04:37
Message: <4c585a35$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I didn't know there was such a feature in Windows XP (which is what the
> OP is using, as far as I can see).

There is. Most people don't know about it because by default the accounts
most people use are administrator accounts. So chances are the OP was
already running it elevated. (I think XP makes it harder to get to, also, so
it's less obvious there's a way to run things with someone else's privilege.)

In any case, that's what "elevated" means in Chris's post, even if the
distinction isn't applicable to the problem being experienced. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    C# - a language whose greatest drawback