POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Windows beta 36, re-render insert menu bmp Server Time
30 Jun 2024 13:31:58 EDT (-0400)
  Windows beta 36, re-render insert menu bmp (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: StephenS
Subject: Windows beta 36, re-render insert menu bmp
Date: 20 Mar 2010 10:55:00
Message: <web.4ba4e0e43c19084d50054230@news.povray.org>
When I try to re-render the insert menu bitmaps, there is an error with the
Shapes.pov file.
line 474: Parse Error: Unexpected additional '.' in floating-point number

line 474 is:
  <2.6, 0>, <3.6.9>, <4, 1.1>, <3.4, 2>, <3, 1>, <2, 1>

The second vector has two decimal points

I tried to register with the bug tracker, 12hrs and still no comformation email.
The user name StephenS is now used, not sure what I did wrong. I got the message
at the bottom about checking your email.

Stephen S

Post a reply to this message

> When I try to re-render the insert menu bitmaps, there is an error with the
> Shapes.pov file.
> line 474: Parse Error: Unexpected additional '.' in floating-point number
>
> line 474 is:
>    <2.6, 0>,<3.6.9>,<4, 1.1>,<3.4, 2>,<3, 1>,<2, 1>
>
> The second vector has two decimal points
>
> I tried to register with the bug tracker, 12hrs and still no comformation email.
> The user name StephenS is now used, not sure what I did wrong. I got the message
> at the bottom about checking your email.
>
> Stephen S

Version 3.6 assumed that <3.6.9> was <3.6, 0.9> and that trick has been
used to shave a character or two here and there.
Versio 3.7 don't assume that any longer and no longer accept that
construction. You need to change <3.6.9> to <3.6,.9>

In fact, it's not a bug but a correction of an inconstency.

Alain

Post a reply to this message

> Versio 3.7 don't assume that any longer and no longer accept that
> construction. You need to change <3.6.9> to <3.6,.9>
>
> In fact, it's not a bug but a correction of an inconstency.

The problem occurs in the Shapes.pov which is distributed with
POV-Ray so I'd call that a bug (in the pov file, of course).

Post a reply to this message