POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta testers please! Server Time
4 Jul 2024 13:06:35 EDT (-0400)
  Beta testers please! (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: clipka
Subject: Beta testers please!
Date: 16 Jul 2009 15:50:00
Message: <web.4a5f83988050d6d8579432980@news.povray.org>
Just to remind you that beta versions are not only released to keep the customer
satisfied, but also to get feedback on issues.

If you encounter any troubles with the most recent beta (or the most recent
official release, for that matter), you are invited to visit

  http://bugs.povray.org

and open up a new task. The same goes if you have any serious suggestions for
further improvements.

Of course, please check first whether the issue has been reported already; if
so, please be so kind to add any additional helpful information you may have in
a comment. If you consider the issue important enough, you may also want to
"bump" its priority by "voting" for it.

If you are willing to provide further help, here's some suggestions how to:

- Visit the aforementioned bug tracking site occasionally, even if you don't
have any issues to report. You may find some tasks marked as "requiring
testing", so if you feel up to it, and the "due in" version has been released
alredy, go ahead to see whether the issue has indeed been fixed, and report
your findings in a comment.

- Volunteer to help Jim get the documentation up to date.

- If you really want to get your hands dirty and feel up to it, try diving into
the source code and come up with a fix for a particular reported issue.

- Keep the developers motivated by posting interesting shots to
povray.binary.images :) (ah, you're all doing a good job there already)

Post a reply to this message