POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 3.7 release? Server Time
4 Jul 2024 12:49:51 EDT (-0400)
  3.7 release? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: JeffBTX
Subject: 3.7 release?
Date: 8 Jul 2009 09:05:01
Message: <web.4a5498a5a688ababbbaa2810@news.povray.org>
Sorry... this will sound like an annoying question, I don't mean it to be.

Approximately how close is 3.7 to being released officially? (not-beta)

Thanks

Post a reply to this message

From: Rocco
Subject: Re: 3.7 release?
Date: 8 Jul 2009 13:20:01
Message: <web.4a54d431c539e524326c04ca0@news.povray.org>
"JeffBTX" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Sorry... this will sound like an annoying question, I don't mean it to be.
>
> Approximately how close is 3.7 to being released officially? (not-beta)
>
> Thanks

For years, I use POVRay, the versions are released with a huge delay. I think
POVRay is now mature enough, and does not need releases everyday. For sure, a
3D rendering software is never finished. There is always a lot of things to
optimize, like subsurface scattering, physically-correct rendering, effects...

Even if you don't like the word "beta", I think POVRay 3.7 is now stable and
faster.

Post a reply to this message