POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : windows beta 32: an access violation error? Server Time
7 Jul 2024 06:33:07 EDT (-0400)
  windows beta 32: an access violation error? (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Carlo C
Subject: windows beta 32: an access violation error?
Date: 5 Apr 2009 13:40:00
Message: <web.49d8eca11e1b8c8fddfb8aa70@news.povray.org>
I have tried to change the "subsurface.pov" file in POV-Ray and I tried to save.
....A window alert:

   * An access violation exception was generated at address 0x10008455 *

I have Windows XP SP3, POV-Ray beta 32, 32 bit no-SSE2 (pvengine.exe)

--
Carlo

Post a reply to this message

> I have tried to change the "subsurface.pov" file in POV-Ray and I tried to save.
>    * An access violation exception was generated at address 0x10008455 *

Did you perhaps try to save the file while it was being parsed?

Post a reply to this message

> > I have tried to change the "subsurface.pov" file in POV-Ray and I tried to save.
> >    * An access violation exception was generated at address 0x10008455 *
>
> Did you perhaps try to save the file while it was being parsed?

After rendering finished.
Closed and reopened POV-Ray, several times.
I try uninstalling and reinstalling?

--
Carlo

Post a reply to this message

> > I have tried to change the "subsurface.pov" file in POV-Ray and I tried to save.
> >    * An access violation exception was generated at address 0x10008455 *
>
> Did you perhaps try to save the file while it was being parsed?

Problem solved manually.
Array.inc and subsurface.pov are in: property > attributes > "read only" mode.

--
Carlo

Post a reply to this message

> > > I have tried to change the "subsurface.pov" file in POV-Ray and I tried to save.
> > >    * An access violation exception was generated at address 0x10008455 *
> >
> > Did you perhaps try to save the file while it was being parsed?

> Problem solved manually.
> Array.inc and subsurface.pov are in: property > attributes > "read only" mode.

  Still an access violation exception is a bug, regardless of the reason
why it happened...

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message