POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : One suggestion for *Camera default values* Server Time
7 Jul 2024 06:50:25 EDT (-0400)
  One suggestion for *Camera default values* (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Carlo C
Subject: One suggestion for *Camera default values*
Date: 13 Mar 2009 06:00:00
Message: <web.49ba2e6479a98f23178ef37a0@news.povray.org>
Obviously:
nothing important, per se...

In default camera:  right 1.33*x

Uhm, ok, but 320x240, 512x384, 800x600, 1024x768, and so on are:
1.33333333333....

Well, I reason as a *beginner unwary* ;), and if I use the classic 640x480 I
could also imagine that, for a simple scene, I can also afford to omit the
*camera* statement, because already well be the default parameters.
Wrong. (I remember that I am a *beginner unwary*).

- But 1.33 is not 1.333333...
  For example: in a circle of 1049 pixels diameter, if they lose two in
  vertical direction.

  And: Pignorm.inc in ...\POV-Ray for Windows v3.6\scenes\textures has:
  camera {
  location <0,1,-14>
  direction 3*z
  }
  and pattern examples files start with:
  //-w320 -h240
  //-w800 -h600 +a0.3
  which is: 1.333333... not 1.33

- Suggestion: Why not use this?:  right (4.0/3.0)*x
              as a default?
              or  right x*image_width/image_height ?

There are more important things to do in POV-Ray, obviously.
Thank you for reading this post and I hope I have not bored anyone!
;-)

--
Carlo

Post a reply to this message