POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Public Beta Release v3.7.1-beta.2 Server Time
5 May 2024 12:48:18 EDT (-0400)
  Public Beta Release v3.7.1-beta.2 (Message 21 to 30 of 46)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Public Beta Release v3.7.1-beta.2
Date: 14 Jan 2017 13:42:37
Message: <587a711d$1@news.povray.org>
Am 14.01.2017 um 15:20 schrieb Jim Holsenback:
> On 1/11/2017 12:59 AM, clipka wrote:
>> POV-Ray 3.7.1 has now officially entered public beta testing phase.
>> Source code and Windows binaries are available on GitHub:
>>
>> https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.7.1-beta.2
>>
>> (beta.1 was an internal release only.)
>>
>> The beta version is designed to install in its own dedicated directory,
>> and live happily alongside an existing 3.7 installation.
>>
>> Happy testing!
>>
> well since i'm not a doze user perhaps it's just me but ... this release
> seems to be having trouble honoring the Display = On option in the
> master povray.ini file as well as having it in a povray.ini file in the
> directory that the povray sdl file resides. In order to get a render
> display i have to add +d in toolbar command line. btw: it (beta) is
> reading all the other options (library path) options that i have in the
> master povray.ini file

Just to avoid confusion: I understand that you're not /normally/ a
Windows user, but are reporting your results of testing POV-Ray for
Windows - is that correct?

Are you testing on a genuine Windows machine, a virtual machine, or an
emulator (e.g. Wine)?

Also, which binary are you using - 32 bit, 32 bit SSE2, or 64 bit?

Post a reply to this message

> Am 14.01.2017 um 15:20 schrieb Jim Holsenback:
>> On 1/11/2017 12:59 AM, clipka wrote:
>>> POV-Ray 3.7.1 has now officially entered public beta testing phase.
>>> Source code and Windows binaries are available on GitHub:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.7.1-beta.2
>>>
>>> (beta.1 was an internal release only.)
>>>
>>> The beta version is designed to install in its own dedicated directory,
>>> and live happily alongside an existing 3.7 installation.
>>>
>>> Happy testing!
>>>
>> well since i'm not a doze user perhaps it's just me but ... this release
>> seems to be having trouble honoring the Display = On option in the
>> master povray.ini file as well as having it in a povray.ini file in the
>> directory that the povray sdl file resides. In order to get a render
>> display i have to add +d in toolbar command line. btw: it (beta) is
>> reading all the other options (library path) options that i have in the
>> master povray.ini file

adding that i installed beta down an alternate path (in my documents)
the 3.7 distribution lives in program files

> Just to avoid confusion: I understand that you're not /normally/ a
> Windows user, but are reporting your results of testing POV-Ray for
> Windows - is that correct?

you would be correct

> Are you testing on a genuine Windows machine, a virtual machine, or an
> emulator (e.g. Wine)?

the first one flavored windows 7 pro

> Also, which binary are you using - 32 bit, 32 bit SSE2, or 64 bit?

the later

Post a reply to this message