POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 3.7RC6 Win Server Time
29 Apr 2024 16:02:28 EDT (-0400)
  3.7RC6 Win (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Le Forgeron
Subject: 3.7RC6 Win
Date: 17 Sep 2012 14:47:10
Message: <5057702e@news.povray.org>
I might be vicious, as I tried it on Wine/Linux (3.7RC6 - Win, pvengine64):
(blame it on the previous thread about the editor)

The option to render again the bitmap of the entries goes in loop at
menu entry 243 of 555:

the Messages log is filled with a repetition of:
"10 - Ready_made scenes\B0 - Basic_Scene_11 - pure white background.txt"
line 60: Parse Error: Expected "object or directive", texture found instead

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'capture =?utf-8?b?zcfdqwnyyw4glsaxnza5mjaxmiatidiwojq0ojqwlnbuzw==?=.png' (254 KB)

Preview of image 'capture =?utf-8?b?zcfdqwnyyw4glsaxnza5mjaxmiatidiwojq0ojqwlnbuzw==?=.png'

Am 17.09.2012 20:47, schrieb Le_Forgeron:
> I might be vicious, as I tried it on Wine/Linux (3.7RC6 - Win, pvengine64):
> (blame it on the previous thread about the editor)
>
> The option to render again the bitmap of the entries goes in loop at
> menu entry 243 of 555:
>
> the Messages log is filled with a repetition of:
> "10 - Ready_made scenes\B0 - Basic_Scene_11 - pure white background.txt"
> line 60: Parse Error: Expected "object or directive", texture found instead

3.7RC6 - Win, pvengine64, Windows 7
rerendering of the thumbnails without any errors.
(beside of a lot warnings type "... needs global_settings ...",
  which I already have fixed for the next version)

Friedrich

Post a reply to this message

Le 17/09/2012 22:13, Friedrich Lohmueller nous fit lire :
> Am 17.09.2012 20:47, schrieb Le_Forgeron:
>> I might be vicious, as I tried it on Wine/Linux (3.7RC6 - Win,
>> pvengine64):
>> (blame it on the previous thread about the editor)
>>
>> The option to render again the bitmap of the entries goes in loop at
>> menu entry 243 of 555:
>>
>> the Messages log is filled with a repetition of:
>> "10 - Ready_made scenes\B0 - Basic_Scene_11 - pure white background.txt"
>> line 60: Parse Error: Expected "object or directive", texture found
>> instead
>>

> 3.7RC6 - Win, pvengine64, Windows 7
> rerendering of the thumbnails without any errors.
> (beside of a lot warnings type "... needs global_settings ...",
>  which I already have fixed for the next version)
>
> Friedrich

I tried again, still Wine/Linux, hoping to find a file descriptor leak
(monitoring with lsof): no file descriptor leak, but hitting the pause
button shows a stack overflow-windows managed by POV-Ray.

May be it is just a Wine thing (going to try on XP soon).

Post a reply to this message