POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 3.7RC6 Win : Re: 3.7RC6 Win Server Time
16 May 2024 09:37:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.7RC6 Win
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 18 Sep 2012 01:13:35
Message: <505802ff$1@news.povray.org>
Le 17/09/2012 22:13, Friedrich Lohmueller nous fit lire :
> Am 17.09.2012 20:47, schrieb Le_Forgeron:
>> I might be vicious, as I tried it on Wine/Linux (3.7RC6 - Win,
>> pvengine64):
>> (blame it on the previous thread about the editor)
>>
>> The option to render again the bitmap of the entries goes in loop at
>> menu entry 243 of 555:
>>
>> the Messages log is filled with a repetition of:
>> "10 - Ready_made scenes\B0 - Basic_Scene_11 - pure white background.txt"
>> line 60: Parse Error: Expected "object or directive", texture found
>> instead
>>

> 3.7RC6 - Win, pvengine64, Windows 7
> rerendering of the thumbnails without any errors.
> (beside of a lot warnings type "... needs global_settings ...",
>  which I already have fixed for the next version)
>
> Friedrich

I tried again, still Wine/Linux, hoping to find a file descriptor leak
(monitoring with lsof): no file descriptor leak, but hitting the pause
button shows a stack overflow-windows managed by POV-Ray.

May be it is just a Wine thing (going to try on XP soon).