POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : -benchmark not working for a local installation Server Time
30 Apr 2024 08:01:35 EDT (-0400)
  -benchmark not working for a local installation (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Warp
Subject: -benchmark not working for a local installation
Date: 28 Jul 2012 02:01:11
Message: <50138027@news.povray.org>
After upgrading my entire system (OpenSuse 12.1) I compiled povray for it
and tried to run it with -benchmark. I only installed povray locally in my
home directory. It could not find "functions.inc". (It can find it when
running anything else.)

The message given by povray when running it with that parameter is that
it will look for +L parameters in the command line, so I specified one
to point to the standard include file directory. It still could not find
"functions.inc". The exact command I used was this:

povray +L/home/warp/software/povray-3.7.0.RC6/include -benchmark

The only way I was able to make it work was to actually go to that directory
and run it directly from there. Then it was able to find it.

Date: 13 Sep 2012 18:45:00
Message: <web.50526137c2a8f366e7572e660@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> After upgrading my entire system (OpenSuse 12.1) I compiled povray for it
> and tried to run it with -benchmark. I only installed povray locally in my
> home directory. It could not find "functions.inc". (It can find it when
> running anything else.)
>
> The message given by povray when running it with that parameter is that
> it will look for +L parameters in the command line, so I specified one
> to point to the standard include file directory. It still could not find
> "functions.inc". The exact command I used was this:
>
> povray +L/home/warp/software/povray-3.7.0.RC6/include -benchmark
>
> The only way I was able to make it work was to actually go to that directory
> and run it directly from there. Then it was able to find it.

It works under Linux Mint so I think it has to do with OpenSuse's security
enhancements that made me switch linux version. I just freaked out with all the
special files that needed to change every time I wanted to do something that I
had done in Ubuntu earlier without effort.

Have fun raytracing.

Post a reply to this message

"Mikael ?hlin" <mic### [at] onsdagorg> wrote:
> It works under Linux Mint so I think it has to do with OpenSuse's security
> enhancements that made me switch linux version.

That doesn't make any sense. How exactly is OpenSuse stopping povray from
reading a file *in my home directory* specified with the +L parameter?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message