POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : -benchmark not working for a local installation : -benchmark not working for a local installation Server Time
17 May 2024 14:04:43 EDT (-0400)
  -benchmark not working for a local installation
From: Warp
Date: 28 Jul 2012 02:01:11
Message: <50138027@news.povray.org>
After upgrading my entire system (OpenSuse 12.1) I compiled povray for it
and tried to run it with -benchmark. I only installed povray locally in my
home directory. It could not find "functions.inc". (It can find it when
running anything else.)

The message given by povray when running it with that parameter is that
it will look for +L parameters in the command line, so I specified one
to point to the standard include file directory. It still could not find
"functions.inc". The exact command I used was this:

povray +L/home/warp/software/povray-3.7.0.RC6/include -benchmark

The only way I was able to make it work was to actually go to that directory
and run it directly from there. Then it was able to find it.