POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Test of RC5 Windows installer Server Time
26 Jun 2024 06:55:04 EDT (-0400)
  Test of RC5 Windows installer (Message 21 to 23 of 23)
From: JC
Subject: Re: Test of RC5 Windows installer
Date: 16 Mar 2012 21:20:01
Message: <web.4f63e5c0a0f59aa4a92d0ddf0@news.povray.org>
> On 17/03/2012 08:41, JC wrote:
> > I am running Win XP64, and I cannot install the RC5 version.  I have RC3
> > installed, and have had no issues.  I get the following error message:
> >
> > The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000005) occurred in the
> > application at location 0x00000000.
>
> Thanks for the report - we're aware of this issue but are having
> difficulty in tracking down the cause. If you want to assist in
> tracking it down by running some additional tests please drop me an
> email directly.
>
> -- Chris

Chris, I don't see your email.  I will be glad to help out in any way I can.

John

Post a reply to this message

From: JC
Date: 23 Mar 2012 16:45:01
Message: <web.4f6ce070a0f59aa4271ddd6b0@news.povray.org>
> On 17/03/2012 08:41, JC wrote:
> > I am running Win XP64, and I cannot install the RC5 version.  I have RC3
> > installed, and have had no issues.  I get the following error message:
> >
> > The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000005) occurred in the
> > application at location 0x00000000.
>
> Thanks for the report - we're aware of this issue but are having
> difficulty in tracking down the cause. If you want to assist in
> tracking it down by running some additional tests please drop me an
> email directly.
>
> -- Chris

Chris, I am still having this issue, and haven't received a reply from the email
you asked for.  Just an FYI, and not pushing.  Thanks.

John

Post a reply to this message