POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Test of RC5 Windows installer : Re: Test of RC5 Windows installer Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:58:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Test of RC5 Windows installer
From: Chris Cason
Date: 25 Mar 2012 18:01:46
Message: <4f6f95ca$1@news.povray.org>
On 26/03/2012 05:47, Alain wrote:
> Some standard locations no longer need to be defined in povray.ini. The
> scene and include folders are now in a stable location and don't need to
> be explicitely defined.

That was the case previously, however this has changed with RC4 as a
number of users wanted the ability to change the default locations.
The default paths should not generally be needed in povray.ini as
POVWIN automatically adds them to the include path based on
information in the registry.

However I can see there might be a case for having them in the INI
file anyhow, e.g. if another program wants to parse the INI file (e.g.
a console build of POV that doesn't have the windows registry logic).

-- Chris