POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 3.7 RC3, One suggestion/request Server Time
1 Jun 2024 21:30:54 EDT (-0400)
  3.7 RC3, One suggestion/request (Message 7 to 16 of 16)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: 3.7 RC3, One suggestion/request
Date: 26 Feb 2011 14:59:30
Message: <4d695ba2$1@news.povray.org>
Am 26.02.2011 20:07, schrieb Darren New:

> Or toggle between normal and inverse video a couple times a second?

Rather not.

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 26 Feb 2011 17:26:49
Message: <4d697e29$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> Warp wrote:
>>>   In the preview window, draw a semi-transparent border around the blocks
>>> being currently rendered.
>
>> Or toggle between normal and inverse video a couple times a second?
>
>   That would be really annoying.

Hmmm. Or maybe only while you're holding down a particular key? Or toggle it
by hitting the space bar while focus is on the preview page?

This is why they have the "crawling ants" boundaries for selections in
graphics packages: it's pretty obvious where it is regardless of what's
underneath.

Maybe toggling for each pixel updated, so you can see how fast each block is
rendering? :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"

Le 2011/02/26 14:07, Darren New a écrit :
> Warp wrote:
>> In the preview window, draw a semi-transparent border around the blocks
>> being currently rendered.
>
> Or toggle between normal and inverse video a couple times a second?

I vote against that one.

The border would probably be the best. It can be red, or the compliment
of the current tint displayed.

Anyway, it should be OFF by default.

Alain

Post a reply to this message

> Le 2011/02/26 14:07, Darren New a écrit :
> > Warp wrote:
> >> In the preview window, draw a semi-transparent border around the blocks
> >> being currently rendered.
> >
> > Or toggle between normal and inverse video a couple times a second?
> >

> I vote against that one.
>
> The border would probably be the best. It can be red, or the compliment
> of the current tint displayed.
>
> Anyway, it should be OFF by default.
>

> Alain

Yes, I don't care about how it will look as long as it's off by default.

-tgq

Post a reply to this message