POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Processor Groups Server Time
30 Jun 2024 13:26:18 EDT (-0400)
  Processor Groups (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Christian Froeschlin
Subject: Processor Groups
Date: 3 May 2010 19:43:04
Message: <4bdf5f88$1@news.povray.org>
Just out of idle curiosity, will 3.7 have special support for
processor groups? As far as I understand this will be required
under Windows if an application wishes to make use of more than
64 logical cores ;) It's not *that* far-fetched really, you
could already get 64 logical cores today with four of these:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/products/server/processor/xeon7000/

Given the release cycle of POV-Ray it is likely that 3.7 will
be used on such systems before the next version is out.

Post a reply to this message

> As far as I understand this will be required
> under Windows if an application wishes to make use of more than
> 64 logical cores

  Why?

--
                                                          - Warp