POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Missing parenthesis causes bad crash Server Time
4 Jul 2024 13:13:33 EDT (-0400)
  Missing parenthesis causes bad crash (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: clipka
Subject: Missing parenthesis causes bad crash
Date: 25 Aug 2009 02:16:30
Message: <4a9381be$1@news.povray.org>
Can someone confirm a crash on the following code?

   #include "fubar.inc"
   Bar(42)
   #macro FooBar() #end

   //fubar.inc
   #macro Foo(Fnord) #end
   #macro Bar(Ignord) Foo(23 #end

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Subject: Re: Missing parenthesis causes bad crash
Date: 25 Aug 2009 12:54:47
Message: <4a941757$1@news.povray.org>
Le 25/08/2009 08:16, clipka nous fit lire :
> Can someone confirm a crash on the following code?

No crash, sorry, with beta.33 (linux x86_64, from sources)

But instead a strange message about the bogus file:

==== [Parsing...] ==========================================================
File '              d' line 3: Parse Error: Expected ')', # found instead
Fatal error in parser: Cannot parse input.
Render failed

(wrapped by newsreader)

Might nevertheless be a random pointer for the file name.
You crashed, I was lucky.

Post a reply to this message

"Le_Forgeron" <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote in message
> File '              d' line 3: Parse Error: Expected ')', # found instead

Beta 34 in Windows 7 RC.

Parse Error: Expected ')', # found instead

I added the missing ) and put another error and POV reports the file and
line number as it should.

Post a reply to this message