POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Possible Parse Error: Insufficient memory to allocate intermediate image storage. Server Time
6 Jul 2024 04:06:52 EDT (-0400)
  Possible Parse Error: Insufficient memory to allocate intermediate image storage. (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Possible Parse Error: Insufficient memory to allocate intermediate image storage.
Date: 2 Jun 2009 04:22:57
Message: <4a24e161$1@news.povray.org>
"Possible Parse Error: Insufficient memory to allocate intermediate image
storage."
"Fatal error in parser: Cannot access data in file."

The message above appears sometimes after restarting the render, following a
render interruption. Shutting down POV-Ray and starting up again solves the
problem. I guess that all memory is not cleared after a render interruption.
Is this a bug?

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> "Possible Parse Error: Insufficient memory to allocate intermediate image
> storage."
> "Fatal error in parser: Cannot access data in file."
>
> The message above appears sometimes after restarting the render, following a
> render interruption. Shutting down POV-Ray and starting up again solves the
> problem. I guess that all memory is not cleared after a render interruption.
> Is this a bug?

I once encountered this, too.

I had the impression that this happens when you interrupt POV-Ray while it is
busy generating a (large) "function image".

It is a bug at any rate.

Post a reply to this message

> I had the impression that this happens when you interrupt POV-Ray while it
> is
> busy generating a (large) "function image".
>
> It is a bug at any rate.

It has to do with it seems with image_maps, and especially with large ones I
guess, possibly in combination with large meshes... Oh dear, I am afraid I
am not too specific. I shall observe the thing more closely before sending
in a bug report.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> It has to do with it seems with image_maps, and especially with large ones I
> guess, possibly in combination with large meshes... Oh dear, I am afraid I
> am not too specific. I shall observe the thing more closely before sending
> in a bug report.

That's much more detailed than what I'm used to at work. Sometimes it feels
like:

Customer: "Something's wrong."

We: "Okay, we'll correct something in the next version."

Post a reply to this message