POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Possible Parse Error: Insufficient memory to allocate intermediate image storage. : Re: Possible Parse Error: Insufficient memory to allocate intermediate imag= Server Time
5 Oct 2024 00:10:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible Parse Error: Insufficient memory to allocate intermediate imag=
From: Chris Cason
Date: 4 Jun 2009 03:04:17
Message: <4a2771f1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> It has to do with it seems with image_maps, and especially with large ones I
> guess, possibly in combination with large meshes... Oh dear, I am afraid I
> am not too specific. I shall observe the thing more closely before sending
> in a bug report.

the intermediate image storage, at least on windows, requires a certain amount
of contiguous virtual address space (not physical memory), determined by the
dimensions of the image being rendered. if the virtual address space is
fragmented this allocation request may fail. it's a known problem I have to work
around by providing a fall-back means of accessing the intermediate image data
(currently it's done via the above-mentioned memory mapping of virtual address
space to physical disk space).

-- Chris