POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Light probes maping Server Time
7 Jul 2024 07:05:58 EDT (-0400)
  Light probes maping (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Alain
Subject: Light probes maping
Date: 1 Apr 2009 12:46:06
Message: <49d39a4e@news.povray.org>
I'm new to the HRD thing. I got a few probes.

Now, my problem is maping them correctly.
I have found 3 forms of maping:
- Reflective sphere where the center point is back at you and the perimeter is
the oposite point.
- Cross shaped, to be wrapt around a box.
- Square ment to be maped onto a sphere. Those I have are not good.

The first form seems to be the more common format.

How do you use those? I don't use mega-POV. It's not installed.

--
Alain
You know you have been raytracing for too long when the animation you render

Post a reply to this message