POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : SSE2 or non-SSE2? beta 29 put SSE2 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  SSE2 or non-SSE2? beta 29 put SSE2 (Message 11 to 16 of 16)
From: Saul Luizaga
Subject: Re: SSE2 or non-SSE2? beta 29 put SSE2
Date: 27 Mar 2009 08:26:25
Message: <49ccc5f1@news.povray.org>
Forgot to ask: Any AMD CPUs support? If VC++ is used obviously wont be any.

Post a reply to this message

From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 27 Mar 2009 09:34:57
Message: <49ccd601$1@news.povray.org>
Saul Luizaga wrote:
> Forgot to ask: Any AMD CPUs support? If VC++ is used obviously wont be any.
Intel VC++ I meant

Post a reply to this message

From: Chambers
Date: 27 Mar 2009 13:13:32
Message: <49cd093c$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/27/2009 6:36 AM, Saul Luizaga wrote:
> Saul Luizaga wrote:
>> Forgot to ask: Any AMD CPUs support? If VC++ is used obviously wont be
>> any.
> Intel VC++ I meant

VC++ is Visual C++, which is owned by MS.

The Intel C Compiler is ICC.

The current beta is compiled with MSVC8 (VC2005, I believe).

And Intel and AMD chips actually both support most of the same
instruction sets, so that's really not a problem.

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message