POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : SSE2 or non-SSE2? beta 29 put SSE2 : Re: SSE2 or non-SSE2? beta 29 put SSE2 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:32:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSE2 or non-SSE2? beta 29 put SSE2
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 2 Apr 2009 11:26:23
Message: <49d4d91f$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Saul Luizaga <sau### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
>> I read some time ago that the POV-Team was using a donated Intel VC++
>> package to compile POV-Ray, is this still true?
>
>   There's no such a thing as "Intel VC++". There is a "MS VC++" and there's
> an Intel C++ compiler. Are you referring to the latter?

I'll answer all here.

Yes I was referring to the latter, my mistake, I read on an very old
post that The POV-Team had licensed for free a C compiler to make the
official releases of POV-Ray AND Intel has said that WILL NOT support
any AMD features since they are competence and that they copy Intel
stuff and not the other way around, of course this is a lot of bull...
but since you say now is MSVC++ then would be great to include
extensions, in the parts where they fit to accelerate IDE and rendering,
because AMD have at some point different extensions than Intel and maybe
  more useulf in certain parts of the code, IMO would be a mistake not
to use a compiler that wont take advantage of those extensions.