POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Chasing down a radiosity bug Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:42 EDT (-0400)
  Chasing down a radiosity bug (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: stbenge
Subject: Chasing down a radiosity bug
Date: 11 Apr 2008 13:45:22
Message: <47ffa3b2@news.povray.org>
So,

I imported a mesh tree (from LightWave, through PoseRay), and attempted
to render it with radiosity. Wouldn't you know it, there was that
unfortunate bug resurfacing, causing certain polygons to render black
with only a few light sparkles as a poor concession for such a great
lack of result.

Tracking down the reason, I concluded that the main contributing factor
was surely the application of a UV-mapped texture. Removal of said
surface with the application of a cheap substitute brought radiosity
back in full force. It's a quick fix which leaves me without the benefit
of conforming UV-mapped textures.

POV-Ray 3.7b25
WinXP Home

Submitted for your consideration~