POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 25 up Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:13:46 EDT (-0400)
  Beta 25 up (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Chris Cason
Subject: Beta 25 up
Date: 4 Feb 2008 08:44:08
Message: <47a716a8$1@news.povray.org>
Beta 25 for Windows is up. Linux should follow shortly.

For windows users, the most immediately noticeable change will be that all
pvengine.exe options will revert to their default (i.e. anything that used
to be stored in PVENGINE.INI). This is due to the fact that these settings
are now stored in the registry. (This doesn't affect the editor, since
those settings were already stored in the registry).

More comprehensive release notes and links to the download are as always at

  http://www.povray.org/beta/

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

> For windows users, the most immediately noticeable change will be that all
> pvengine.exe options will revert to their default (i.e. anything that used
> to be stored in PVENGINE.INI). This is due to the fact that these settings
> are now stored in the registry.

No automatic setting migration on first run? :(

Post a reply to this message

I wonder if the POV team likes my idea of a slogan for the About window of
the famous raytracer..? See the second thread below this one...

Sven

"Chris Cason" <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:47a716a8$1@news.povray.org...
> Beta 25 for Windows is up. Linux should follow shortly.
>
> For windows users, the most immediately noticeable change will be that all
> pvengine.exe options will revert to their default (i.e. anything that used
> to be stored in PVENGINE.INI). This is due to the fact that these settings
> are now stored in the registry. (This doesn't affect the editor, since
> those settings were already stored in the registry).
>
> More comprehensive release notes and links to the download are as always
> at
>
>  http://www.povray.org/beta/
>
> -- Chris

Post a reply to this message