POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 25 up : Re: Beta 25 up Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:23:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta 25 up
From: Chris Cason
Date: 5 Feb 2008 16:11:41
Message: <47a8d10d$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback wrote:
> is this the product you're talking about?
>
> http://www.macrovision.com/products/installation/installshield.htm

yep ... we have a license for InstallShield 12 Professional.

> what kind of timeframe are you taking about here? I'm asking because I might
> be willing to take this on. I'm a quick study! Are you willing to work with
> someone on a learning curve?

sure: can't be worse than my learning curve ;] ... I've never used the
product. we have some special requirements for 3.7, including the need for
a 32 and 64-bit install and the ability to have a separate install process
that can be fired up from POVWIN if it detects it's running for the first
time in a particular user account: it needs to copy local files (such as
the user's local copy of scenes and includes, insert menu, and so forth).

please email me if you want to take this on.

thanks!

-- Chris