POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : beta 8: interupt animation causes runtime error Server Time
28 Mar 2024 15:11:36 EDT (-0400)
  beta 8: interupt animation causes runtime error (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Bob Hughes
Subject: beta 8: interupt animation causes runtime error
Date: 17 Aug 2005 19:28:51
Message: <4303c833$1@news.povray.org>
Error is R6025 - pure virtual function call

Was getting this when checking example files from scene\animations while
using the stop button during a frame render.

Post a reply to this message

Encountered a different error while rendering scenes\animations\bounce.pov,
this one popped up during frame 439 of 500.

"This application has  requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual
way." No error code this time. I was leaving the computer alone during this
time.

Windows XP HE SP2
POV 3.7.0.beta.8.icl8.win32

Post a reply to this message

> Encountered a different error while rendering scenes\animations\bounce.pov,
> this one popped up during frame 439 of 500.
>
> "This application has  requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual
> way." No error code this time. I was leaving the computer alone during this
> time.
>
> Windows XP HE SP2
> POV 3.7.0.beta.8.icl8.win32

Can you reproduce either of these errors reliably ? I haven't had it happen
so far.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

"Chris Cason" <nos### [at] deletethispovrayorg> wrote in message
> Bob Hughes wrote:
>> Encountered a different error while rendering
>> scenes\animations\bounce.pov,
>> this one popped up during frame 439 of 500.
>>
>> "This application has  requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual
>> way." No error code this time. I was leaving the computer alone during
>> this
>> time.
>>
>> Windows XP HE SP2
>> POV 3.7.0.beta.8.icl8.win32
>
> Can you reproduce either of these errors reliably ? I haven't had it
> happen
> so far.

Tried that animation again just now and it did happen again, this time at
frame number 448. Isn't due to screen saver, apparently, which was my first
thought.

I'm going to run it on my other computer and I'll be back soon to report
anything about that.

Haven't been using the beta much at all lately and especially not
animations, so I can't say anything more about the original problem I told
of. Now is my chance so I'll be stopping animation renderings to check on
that some more.

Post a reply to this message