POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.7 beta 5 available Server Time
2 May 2024 15:39:28 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray v3.7 beta 5 available (Message 11 to 18 of 18)
From: Michael Raiford
Subject: Re: POV-Ray v3.7 beta 5 available
Date: 20 May 2005 14:47:05
Message: <428e30a9@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> That is correct, the limitation that focal blur and AA cannot be
> combined has been removed from POV-Ray 3.7 :-)

Nice :)

Post a reply to this message

From: Slime
Date: 20 May 2005 20:47:11
Message: <428e850f$1@news.povray.org>
> That is correct, the limitation that focal blur and AA cannot be combined
> has been removed from POV-Ray 3.7 :-)

Cool! So does that mean that if you have AA enabled, it will always send the
rays through the sample point of the image plane, but if you don't, it will
send the rays through a random point in the pixel on the image plane, as in
3.6? Or with AA disabled, will it now send the rays through the center of
the pixel?

It would be great if this were coupled with the ability to clip before
anti-aliasing, so that you could clip after focal blur but before AA,
creating well-anti-aliased bright blurs of light. =)

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message