POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.7 beta 5 available : Re: POV-Ray v3.7 beta 5 available Server Time
17 May 2024 06:43:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.7 beta 5 available
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 20 May 2005 23:49:50
Message: <428eafde$1@news.povray.org>
I've found that the wineglass.pov file might at first appear to render okay
in the regular executable but I noticed it doesn't have the parts of the
glass the way they should be. Apparently the QCone_Y, being a quadric, isn't
able to be used right in the CSG intersection. In fact, while I made changes
to the top of the glass it somehow affected the bottom, completely different
declares. Very odd thing.

To see the glass parts you might want to change the glass texture to be
opaque. I replaced that with pigment { rgb 1 }.

Bob