POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Changing image location message Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:27:39 EDT (-0400)
  Changing image location message (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Rangifer
Subject: Changing image location message
Date: 8 Apr 2004 04:31:27
Message: <40750ddf$1@news.povray.org>
I had the output directory set to something in the .ini and and ran a
test trace. Pov asked for permisson to write to this directory which I
gave. When the trace was complited Pov claimed that the image is in the
same directory as the .pov-file and that I could change the output to
something else, but actually there was no image in that directory.
Might be nice, if the message box would show the correct output path and
not assume that the default settings are being used.

POV-Ray 3.6 beta 3
WinXP
AMD Thunderbird 1.4 Gz, 512 Mb

-r

Post a reply to this message

"Rangifer" <rei### [at] rocketmailcom> wrote in message
> I had the output directory set to something in the .ini and and ran a
> test trace. Pov asked for permisson to write to this directory which I
> gave. When the trace was complited Pov claimed that the image is in the
> same directory as the .pov-file and that I could change the output to
> something else, but actually there was no image in that directory.

> Might be nice, if the message box would show the correct output path and
> not assume that the default settings are being used.

It also 'might be nice' (in your own words) if you did not assume that -we-
assume any such thing. You have decided that instead of making a simple
coding mistake (quite common) that we just 'assume' a default location.

This issue is an ordinary bug and not any dumb assumption made by us. The
cause will be found and fixed.

Post a reply to this message

> It also 'might be nice' (in your own words) if you did not assume that -we-
> assume any such thing. You have decided that instead of making a simple
> coding mistake (quite common) that we just 'assume' a default location.
>
> This issue is an ordinary bug and not any dumb assumption made by us. The
> cause will be found and fixed.

Sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I myself make a lot of small mistakes
while coding and just claim afterwards their were planned :)

-r