POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Changing image location message : Re: Changing image location message Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:26:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Changing image location message
From: Chris Cason
Date: 9 Apr 2004 10:52:29
Message: <4076b8ad@news.povray.org>
"Rangifer" <rei### [at] rocketmailcom> wrote in message
> I had the output directory set to something in the .ini and and ran a
> test trace. Pov asked for permisson to write to this directory which I
> gave. When the trace was complited Pov claimed that the image is in the
> same directory as the .pov-file and that I could change the output to
> something else, but actually there was no image in that directory.

> Might be nice, if the message box would show the correct output path and
> not assume that the default settings are being used.

It also 'might be nice' (in your own words) if you did not assume that -we-
assume any such thing. You have decided that instead of making a simple
coding mistake (quite common) that we just 'assume' a default location.

This issue is an ordinary bug and not any dumb assumption made by us. The
cause will be found and fixed.